Current Opening: Electrical Designer
As an Electrical Designer at Michael Wall Engineering, you will have the opportunity to apply your expertise on exciting and challenging projects in one of our growing offices. You will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career.
WHY JOIN MWE?
Michael Wall Engineering (MWE) is a full-service electrical engineering firm dedicated to providing excellence in engineering services to the architectural and construction industries since 1996. We are awarded repeat business from our loyal clients due to our client responsiveness, technical competency, and quality documentation on every project. At MWE, you will work on innovative, complex, and exciting projects in a variety of market sectors including education, life science, multi-family residential, corporate, military, healthcare, hospitality, civic and renewable energy. Our focus is client success, quality engineering and building long, strong relationships through service and collaboration. Join our team!
Locations: San Diego, La Mesa, Newport Beach, Corona.
Resources: MWE provides full-service electrical engineering. You will be supported by and work side-by-side with a team of professionals, including Lighting Designers (LC), Technology Designers (RCDD), and Registered Electrical Engineers (P.E.).
Opportunities: MWE is growing! Your career, technical capabilities and project portfolio will thrive here at MWE.
Benefits: MWE offers competitive compensation (salary range $65,000 to $85,000 DOE), robust benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401(k), PTO and “summer” Fridays all year long.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Written and verbal communication skills to function with all levels of management and staff
- Reasoning development to apply principles of rational systems to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables and to interpret instructions presented in various forms
- Proficient in computer skills that includes software knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Autodesk Building Design Suite 2017/2018 including REVIT & Auto CAD Electrical, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook, Photometric software, and SKM Dapper/Captor
- Strong organizational and excellent communications skills
- Detail oriented and problem solver
- Ability to work effectively in team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Capable of implementing new software if needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create electrical design documents using REVIT/AutoCAD
- Singleline diagram design, electric room layout and sizing, and load calculations
- Branch lighting circuit design, including controls and switching
- Branch power circuit design, including panel schedule loading
- Title-24 calculations
- Photometric calculations
- Submittal review and RFI responses
- Lighting fixture identification/selection
- Short circuit current and voltage drop calcs
- Utility coordination
- Create “cartoon” set and sheet index for set-up
- Coordinate with Project Engineer and/or Team Leadership in regard to project design responsibilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in NEC design requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical construction practices and standards