As an Electrical Engineer at Michael Wall Engineering, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects in one of our growing offices. You will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career.
WHY JOIN MICHAEL Wall ENGINEERING?
Michael Wall Engineering (MWE) is a full-service electrical engineering firm dedicated to providing excellence in engineering services to the architectural and construction industries since 1996. We are awarded repeat business from our loyal clients due to our client responsiveness, technical competency, and quality documentation on every project. At MWE, you will work on innovative, complex, and exciting projects in a variety of market sectors including education, life science, multi-family residential, corporate, military, healthcare, hospitality, civic and renewable energy. Our focus is client success, quality engineering and building long, strong relationships through service and collaboration. Join our team!
San Diego Bankers Hill.
MWE provides full-service electrical engineering. You will be supported by and work side-by-side with a team of professionals, including Lighting Designers (LC), Technology Designers (RCDD), and Registered Electrical Engineers (P.E.).
MWE is growing! Your career, technical capabilities and project portfolio will thrive here at MWE.
MWE offers competitive compensation (salary range $90,000 – $150,000 DOE), robust benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401(k), PTO and “summer” Fridays all year long.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Engineer registration preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years professional experience
- Previous experience with a consulting engineering or A/E firm as an Electrical Engineer.
- Written and verbal communication skills to function with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to apply principles of engineering to solve complex problems, deal with a variety of dynamic variables, and interpret instructions presented in various forms.
- Proficient in computer skills that includes software knowledge in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in design of electrical documents using REVIT/AutoCAD/Design Master.
- Proficient in building and electrical codes.
- Client and engineering team management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain client contact regarding project design and status.
- Manage projects from kick-off meeting to final construction administration.
- Manage and maintain design process, overall project schedule, AutoCAD/REVIT production scheduling, and project design cost budget.
- Supervise and coordinate electrical designers, CAD staff, clerical staff, and selected vendors, sub-consultants, and technical resources.
- Consult with the client and its agents to establish a project electrical program.
- Prepare documents for submission to local code authorities, research and apply all necessary local codes, respond to code authority questions and comments, interact with contractors and inspectors as necessary.
- Understand and supervise the preparation of 2013 Title 24 and latest LEED certification documentation.
- Understand electrical construction methods and materials and be capable of interacting with electricians and electrical contractors in regard to constructability, equipment placement, general construction techniques and methods, etc. as required by the project.
- Be proficient in technical design of major electrical systems including:
- 600V, 5kV, and 12kV power distribution systems
- Emergency Power Systems
- UPS Systems
- Branch circuitry
- Singleline diagrams
- 2013 Title 24 calculations
- Short circuit current, voltage drop calcs, coordination studies, and arc flash studies