As an Electrical Designer at Michael Wall Engineering, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects in one of our growing offices. You will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career.
WHY JOIN MICHAEL Wall ENGINEERING?
Michael Wall Engineering (MWE) is a full-service electrical engineering firm dedicated to providing excellence in engineering services to the architectural and construction industries since 1996. We are awarded repeat business from our loyal clients due to our client responsiveness, technical competency, and quality documentation on every project. At MWE, you will work on innovative, complex, and exciting projects in a variety of market sectors including education, life science, multi-family residential, corporate, military, healthcare, hospitality, civic and renewable energy. Our focus is client success, quality engineering and building long, strong relationships through service and collaboration. Join our team!
San Diego Bankers Hill.
MWE provides full-service electrical engineering. You will be supported by and work side-by-side with a team of professionals, including Lighting Designers (LC), Technology Designers (RCDD), and Registered Electrical Engineers (P.E.).
MWE is growing! Your career, technical capabilities and project portfolio will thrive here at MWE.
MWE offers competitive compensation (salary range $60,000 – $100,000 DOE), robust benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401(k), PTO, Flexible Work Schedules, as well as Fully and Hybrid Remote working options.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent mixture of education and relevant work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, REVIT, AutoCAD, BIM360, Bluebeam, AGI 32 Photometric software, Energy Pro, SKM DAPPER/CAPTOR.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with excellent communications skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others in a fast-paced work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze drawings and reports in various forms in order to plan and design projects.
- Create electrical design documents using REVIT, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam.
- Single-line diagram design, electric room layout and sizing, and load calculations.
- Branch lighting circuit design, including controls and switching.
- Branch power circuit design, including panel schedule loading.
- Title-24 calculations.
- Photometric calculations.
- Submittal review and RFI responses.
- Lighting fixture identification/selection.
- Short circuit current and voltage drop calculations.
- Utility coordination.
- Create “cartoon” set and sheet index for set-up.
- Coordinate with Project Engineer and/or Team Leadership in regard to project design responsibilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in NEC design requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical construction practices and standards.